Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

(My mom on the left, me and my aunt Marlyne)

Sunday is Mother's Day and I have made a decision this year to really get to know my mom. I know that may sound a little weird, however I feel like I know my mom and her little habits and her personality. I have never up until now taken the time to ask her what were your dreams, hopes, favourite moments in life etc. So last Sunday I took my mom out to lunch and asked her. My mom had children young, she was 17 when she had my sister and left home when she was 14 because her life their was not great. She met my dad when she was 14 and they have been together ever since 50 years later. They went on to have 7 children ( 5 girls and 2 boys). Unfortunatey two of the girls died. One at birth and one at 16 months of crib death. My mom was pregnant for just about 9 years straight. Her whole life was and still is dedicated to her children. She is the greatest mom I could have, and I know a lot of people say that. I mean it. When I asked her what did you want to do for a career when you dreamt of your life, she said I would have liked to have been a teacher. I was surprised at first. I had never heard my mom say this. And although she doesnt think so , she has been the greatest teacher. Always patient, and kind. I also learned that she also would have liked to play the piano and possibly take ballet lessons. My moms health is not the greatest and she will now never know these dreams. It taught me a lesson I will never forget and that is to live your dreams now, dont wait until tomorrow. I plan on many more get to know you moments with my mom and am excited to get to know the girl inside the women. I love you with all my heart and soul. Happy Mothers Day Mom.

1 comment:

Victoria Jacobs said...

VEry nice and true to the core. thank you for sharing

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails