Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Would have been a good mom......

At 43 I realize that being a mother is not in the cards for me. My husband had surgery many years before I met him that fixed that permanently. I knew it at the time and it didnt bother me. I loved that carefree way of life, doing what I want when I want. Occasionally though I miss that part of life. Someone to care for and love unconditionally hear their funny little sayings and how the simple things excite them. Today, I watched my niece for the day while her parents are away. She does some of the funniest, silliest things. She had her little bubble blower and held it up to my dog Sam's mouth as if he would blow on it for her. She says Pease for everything. Do you want to wash your hands? Pease. Do you want to go for a swing? Pease. and so on. I had my camera their today and although she is only 1 year and 10 months she managed to take these photos with no help from me. I think she has a career in front of her. I hope she doesn't mind that I plan on being the best Aunt ever.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails